COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Terms and conditions together with any rules set out in Competition Notices as explained are the Competition Term, together to be defined as the “Competition”, unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms.
2. By entering a competition, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions along with any other rules which relate to a Promotion. Specific Rules might include entry instructions and any other specific details, rules or conditions relating to a particular Promotion. Competition rules may also be published on our promotion partners’ website, social media platforms.
3. In these terms and conditions, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ and ‘Promoter’ all mean Whaley Radio Media (registered company. The Promoter’s address is Whaley Radio, Studio House, Manor Road, Whaley Bridge, High Peak, Derbyshire SK23 7JU . Our ‘promotion partners’ are third parties who operate promotions with us or on our behalf.
Start and end date/time:
4. Each Promotion will start immediately unless a later start date/time is advertised. The closing date/time for a Promotion will be made clear in the Specific Rules. All competition times will be based on UK time.
5. Each Promotion will be open to individuals who live in the UK and aged 18 or over unless the Specific Rules or other promotional materials or announcements specify a different geographic region or a different minimum age.
7. Candidates in any General, national or local Election will be ineligible during an Election or Referendum Period (as defined in the Ofcom Broadcasting Code), to enter any competition.
8. To enter, follow the entry process for the relevant competition, which will usually be explained in the Specific Rules and/or promotional materials or announcements. Entries received outside of the opening and closing times of the Promotion will not be accepted but may still be charged (where there is a cost to enter).
9. You may only make a maximum of one entry into each Promotion (unless the Specific Rules for a particular Promotion expressly set a higher maximum number of entries for that Promotion).
10. There is no charge to enter a Promotion unless stated otherwise. However, if entry is made via text message, MMS or telephone call, your network provider will usually charge according to their standard rate or deduct it from your allowance. Standard rate text messages to competition short-codes are not normally included in ‘inclusive’ packages and may be charged. If you are not the bill payer, you must obtain the bill payer’s permission before entering.
11. We accept no responsibility for entries that haven’t reached us. (postal, telephone, text message, online or social media entries not received as a result of network issues, technical faults or for any other reason.)
12. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, we may decide whether a replacement contestant should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Terms.
13. If you win a prize, we will notify you within twenty-eight days of the end date of the Promotion. To claim the prize, respond to the notification within the deadline set out in the Specific Rules and follow the instructions which will be provided to you.
1. Prize winners will be chosen at random unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice.
2. Prize winners will be notified within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification within the time stated therein may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winners’ names may be published on our website or you can write to the radio station, naming the specific competition and including a self-addressed stamped envelope for a list of winners. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
3. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. We reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
4. We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to request proof of identity in the form of your passport, driving licence and a utility bill bearing your address.
1. You undertake not at any time to disclose, reveal, communicate or otherwise make public any confidential information relating to Whaley Radio Media, its business, personnel, servants, agents or officers to anyone.
2. You may not publicise your involvement in the competition or the fact that you have won a prize without the prior written permission of Whaley Radio Media.
Data Protection and Publicity:
1. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and we reserve the right to use the names of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
2. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not, subject to 55 above, be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent.
1. There is no fee payable to you in respect of your involvement in the Competition.
2. The Terms (unless otherwise expressly confirmed in writing by WRM) supersede all prior representations, agreements, negotiations or understandings (whether oral or in writing). Except as specifically set out herein, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are excluded. For the avoidance of doubt, no information of any nature about the Competition or the Prize or any of these Terms should be relied upon unless confirmed in writing by WRM.
3. In the event that any provision of these terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable it shall be severed from the remaining provisions of these Terms which shall continue in full force and effect.
4. The failure to exercise or delay in exercising a right or remedy provided hereunder or by law does not constitute a waiver of the right or remedy or waiver of other rights or remedies
5. These Terms are not intended to nor shall create any rights, entitlements, claims or benefits enforceable by any person that is not a party to them. Accordingly, no person shall derive any benefit or have any right, entitlement or claim in relation to this Agreement by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. Jurisdiction 1. The Competition and the terms and conditions of this agreement will be governed by English law and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
How to contact us:
Whaley Radio Media with a registered address at Whaley Radio, Studio House, Manor Road, Whaley Bridge, High Peak, Derbyshire SK23 7JU (“We”, “Our” “Us”) is a company providing access to a radio station and news article service. Contact Studio@whaleyradio.co.uk